Miss Reed

Helping Scholars Help Themselves

BOOKS

This page is reserved for the discussion of books or any reading material you find fascinating. Instead of making a new entry on this page every time I read something brilliant, I’ll discuss the books I’m reading in the comment section. Happy reading!

Bringing the Boy Home           

50 Comments

50 Comments so far ↓

• missreed1

I am currently reading Bringing the Boy Home by N.A. Nelson. I am hooked! It’s about a boy who was sent away from his tribe in the Amazon at the age of six. His mother put him in a coffin canoe alone (yes, coffin) and sent him down the Amazon River to die! I know it sounds morbid and depressing, but it’s not. A woman who was visiting the Amazon from the United States found him along the river. She adopted him and took him back with her. I’ll fill you in on the rest when I read more.

• Madalyn

Hi. Im curruntly reading The Sea of Monsters. My book is written by Rick Riordan. The book is about a sea filled with monsters,and in the middle of the sea is the Bermuda Triangle.The main charachters, Percy Jackson and Annabeth, have to save Grover from a BIG cyclops.FYI the cyclop wants to marry Grover, Grover is a half goat half person.

• Devin

I think that would be an awsome book. Who would send their child down the Amazon. Them nut-jobs.

• Diamond

Hi,I am reading a book called THE RUNAWAY DOLLS and the author of my terrific book is Laura Godwin and Brian Selznick.Wow!!I can’t even explain how good this book is to me.I really think you would like this book.This book is about five talking dolls finding there way home and the problem is that Annabelle decided to runaway.In the middle of the book it speaks about a doll in a package and the doll in the package is Annabelle little sister.

• Destinee

I am reading a book called the Twilight Saga by:Stephenie Meyers.It is a really good book and I have the other series of her books but all of her books are pretty good.The book that I am is about this girl name Bella and she moved to Seattle and lied to herself about many things, she goes to another school and some girls introduce themselfs and at lunch she relized that there was a family sitting by themselves and she is decribing them but i am just on page 20.

• La'Quasha

I am reading The Last Olympian and the book is fabulous. The book is about a boy and his frineds who have to go and fight monsters ,and other things.

• Ernest

The Lightning Thief is so good. It is like the movie .I plan on reading alway to the end. Right now I am on page 11.

• Enyce

I am reading a book called Road to Paris . It is about a girl who is put in a foster home because she was abused by her mom .When she is sent to her foster home she feels like she is at home. In the chapter that I’m reading now she had to go to a therapist. That’s how far I have gotten.

• malik

I`m currently reading Dragon`s Egg .So far it’s a good book. It’s about this girl named Emma who finds a dragon egg and has to take it to the dragon egg hatching grounds. I only need to read about 167 pages to finish the book . You guys should read it!

• Destiny

I am reading Book of Story Beginings. It’s about this boy named Oscar who found this book that his grandfather shelf called The Book of Story Beginings .When he read the book something “spooky” happened.When he looked outside the house was serounded by water and a little boutn was waiting for him outside.So as the story went on he was on adventures all around the world .1 example: he when to see a king for a party but he was gloomy so Oscar tried to help him.AWESOME STORY

• Nicholas

I am readig a book called “John Cena”. It is a nice book so far.What book are you reading? Another book I’m reading is “HEAT”. I’m on chapter 22!

• Clinton

I’m currently reading the book “Dragon’s Egg.” This book is about a kid dragonkeeper who has sighns of mythical dragons who have led a Knight, to Mella’s House.(Mella is the main character).

• ashline

I am reading a book called Franny K. Stein. It is about a little girl that is a mad scientist. She goes to school and learn about Valitines.

• Enyce

I have gotten to a great chapter ! It is time for thanksgiving and she finally warmed up to her new room mates. Then she has wrote a letter to her brother but she deosn’t know what address to send it to. Talk to you later.

• missreed1

Enyce, the book you’re reading seems heavy. (Interesting, but heavy). I’m glad you enjoy reading it though. Continue to comment here as you read. I look forward to your updates.

• Diamond

I have gotten to a great chapter!The chapter I am on it’s talking about a store called McGinities.Annebella actually is in this store and it is kind of wierd how she got there.Now listen Annabelle is a doll as you now and a lady named Mrs.Lewis thought that Annabelle was so cute she so she decided to clean her up.Then Annabelle ends up on a stand but guess what her brother Bobby is in the display area and there are alot of Bobby’s are there.So it is very hard to find her brother.My book is interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Clinton

The story I finished was “Dragon’s Egg.” The story ended by Mella and Roger going to Dragons Ford and home.(Dragons Ford is where Mella and Roger were kidnapped.) I’m not use to reading dragon books, but this one was exceptional.

• Nicholas

What should be the ending of the book you have ? I have almost done Heat I have to look.

• Devin

I read more of my book and boy did it get better.From the Meatheads cland, Killer the dragon was fighting Fireworm, from the Hairy Hooligans cland.Its an awesome book.You got to read it!

• Diamond

I have gotten to a great chapter! Annabelle went into a store called McGinties and now she can’t find her way out.As she try to make her way out there are other talking dolls missing.So since their missing every night Annabelle go on pose to see who is taking the dolls.I know it sounds easy just standing there seeing if a human is coming in but it’s not cause you have to stay up all night long.Annabelle got tired so she took a nap and since she has a great view from there to across the street she notice she was not at McGinties anymore.She was at a hospital for humans and since she stay with humans 247 she knew where she was cause the human she stay with went to the hospital.This book is to good you should try it!!!!!

• Madalyn

Hi again! My book just got better! The main charaters came to the Bramuda Triangle to get the magic Fleece. The Fleece is pure gold and can heel anything. But when there on the island Percy and Annabeth need to save Grover from a BIG cyclops. P.S percy’s half brother cyclops dies but comes back to life at the island.

• laquasha

okay i have finished my book.it ended off as on one of percy’s frineds had died when she tryed to fight like fifeteen people at one time but insted they killed her and that is my indings. bye

• malik

Im about to read the magic thief , I hope its good , fill ya in when I read it.

• Destiny

My book “Bone” is about a bone creature that is try to do something for this girl cause he like her but i just cant tell her so him and his group are just going here and there but its nothing
    personal.
    Later on theres a cow race so 2 of the bone creatures friends are in the race to just to win there bet they mad and get some money ….(that is if they win .Ok ill say more when I read it:)

• laquasha

I am now reading ”The Big Bike Race”. The book is about a boy who has a birthday and his grandma forgets and he thanks of her as a bad grandma. The day after that she surprizes with a bike forn his birthday. He did not like the bike but he does not want to hurt her feelings so hes going to protend like the bike when he really doesn’t. He meet sonny king the famous bike rider who going to train Ernest for ”The Big Bike Race”. But first they had to fix up the bike.

• laquasha

Okay , I have now finished my book and it turns out that ernest didn’t go to the race but he did watch sonny king race and sonny king won the race , but he did get and very trophy for it to be and city wide cup. Ernest’s parents were not ther to see him because they are in heaven watching over ernest , melissa, and grandma.

• Clinton

I have just finished a book called the “The Macic Thief.” It was about a boy named Conn who becomes a magisters apprentice. He couldn’t become a wizard unless he had a locus magicalicus. When he gets one it breaks it. Men named Pettivox and Underlord Crowe created a machine that takes all of Wellmet’s magic. Conn ends up convincing Pettivox to destroy the machine.

• Malik

Hey guy’s ! I just finished my book the magic thief . It’s a book about a boy thief named Conn who becomes a wizards apprentice and he finds his locus stone , the thing wizards use to cast the’re magic, and – conn does’nt know how to read- and he’s the person who free’s all of wellmet’s magic-from a machine- to find out more you’re just gunna ‘ have to read it for yourself!

• missreed1

Unfortunately, I had to put down Bringing the Boy Home. I’m helping out with the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl team, so I had to read Go Big or Go Home by Will Hobb. The book is action packed! It is about a boy named Brady who encounters a meteorite that falls through the roof into his bedroom. The meteorite has some positive and negative effects on him. He was able to confront a huge buffalo while saving a young kid’s life, but later on he became weak and “dormant” (appeared to be dead when he was actually alive). A coroner almost performed an autopsy on him while Brady was still alive! Fortunately, his cousins, friends and a professor came to his rescue.

• diamond

Oh,boy is book is getting crazy each day I read it.Now as I was talking to you about how Annabelle got stuck in the hospital I did not tell you that she was not the only talking doll.So as she looks around she see the meaness doll ever and Annabelle rembered her from when she fought a human.Which I don’t know how but anyway Annabelle closed her eyes so she would not see her face.But she some how had a dream about Mean Mi-Mi that’s the name of the meaness doll.The dream was that Mean Mi-Mi ripped off her own leg and she started to point it at Annabelle saying remember me.She also said that Annabelle ratted her out by telling the truth but now I am done and the last word Annabelle said was bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Devin

The thing I work so hard for was getting to 5th grade. Let me tell you I had to get straight A’s on my report card. I also had to pass two CRCT’s. It was hard, but I still made it. I here though.

• nicholas

My book is rodrick rules.Rodrick is Greg heffley’s brother. Rodrick iss always makng his brother make wrong decison. So far rodrick s tellng him to just do nothing in class. So I look forward to laughing and learning for understand and comprehenion.

• Madalyn

Hi! I just finished Magic Theif. It’s about a boy named Connwaer who steals a wizards locus magicalicus. He almost gets killed by it. But the wizard (Nevery) saves him and makes Connwaer his apprentice

• Clinton

Miss Reed You have mistakenley forgotten to add the book ‘The Magic Thief.” I recieved an 80% on the AR test.

• Diamond

Oh boy this book is even better than the other one.Ok this book is called THE DOLL PEOPLE and it is about a doll named Annebell.Her ucle gets mad because his wife has been lost for 400 years and her parents did not try to find her. Then Annebell takes a stand and decides she is going to look for her aunt and her uncle decides to go. On their journey they discovers the Funcraft family and they are also dolls. A girl name Tiffany becomes Annebell best friend and they go out to look for auntie Sarah. So now they call their team the SELMP.This book is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

• Kayla Grant

Hi Miss Reed!

• missreed1

You are the first to comment this year, Kayla!

• Kayla

Your welcome!!

• Kaiyu

good morning

• Drake

I’m reading Candle Man book one. It is great so far. It is about a boy that has the power to turn people into a candle. Then, some people that tell him that he was safe with them.

• Malaika

The book that I am reading is called ” Spin the Bottle” by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel. The book is about two girls who have grown in glamorous and complicated ways. Phoebe Hart is girls who wants to be a actress. Phoebe and her best friend are joining a drama club. The day before opening night, they play a game called spin the bottle. Things suddenly get a lot more complicated.

• Taniya

The book im reading is Nancy Clancy super sleuth its a good book. im on chapter nine its INNOCENT that’s how it looks here is a summary Nancy Clancy has everything she needs to be a super sleuth ( that’s a fancy word for detective)she has a glamorous magnifying glass complete with rhinestones, a totally professional pink trench, and a sleuthing partner with a awesome code.

• Makhai

Hello, my name is Makhai. The book I am reading currently is “Diary of a wimpy Kid, Rodrick rules. This book leaves me bags in my eyes from reading it all night! I would recommend this book to anybody who considers reading it. This book would have you on your toes wondering what is next. I would say that this is one of the best books I have ever read! Please read it!

• roytiana

HI miss.reed you are the best teacher ever

• solana

I am reading a book series “a smart girls guide to……”. I have most of the books like a smart girls guide to sticky situations , starting middle school, knowing what to say, friendship troubles and many more. I think it is a good book if your a caught in a situation and you need advise it is always the to help I am also reading the Ronald dalph series and many other books. I love reading! I think they are one of the best sources of information and education. Reading is one of my best passions and I will read the rest of my life. Thanks to you miss reed you have encouraged me to read more so thank you.

• Richard

Hello, my name is Richard. The book I’m reading about is Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the last straw by Jeff Kenny. The book is about a boy about named Greg who’s mom buys him a diary that he’s suppost to wright his life in middle school. When Greg starts middle school he is very scared but his friends help him and he makes it to high school.

• Cameron

Hello, my name is Cameron. The book I’m currently reading “Diary of a wimpy kid the last straw”. It’s about a kid named Greg Heffly who is in middle school and how his family is making him suffer. Greg will never stop his wimpy ways that’s why his dad is trying to send him to this military school called Spaig Union. Now Greg has to convince his dad not to send him

• nicholas

The book I am reading is about mankind. It was the best book you could ever read. It tells you all about him. He was the best person you could ever had.

• carlous

I read bone and it was a good story

• Drake

HI, I’m reading this called THE LAST APPRENTICE : BOOK ONE REVENGE OF THE WITCH. It the best book so far it about a kid named Tom who is bought by a spook ( A PERSON WHO SEE THINGS WE CAN’T) who is like tom. But they have a job to protect us. but tom doesn’t know that now.